Friday, December 28, 2012

"Testimony Thursday"



Miriam has been one of my best Friend since I was three years old and I consider it a great honor for her to share with you all through my blog.Miriam has a blog called girlsoffaith123.blogspot.com  if any of you all are interested  in looking at it and getting to know her better.     Enjoy-Leah


christmas-pictures 003.jpg


A note from Miriam...

eyes+editing.jpg

I am a child of God’s saved by the grace of God, washed in Jesus’ blood that He shed on the cross. When I was seven or so, I realized that I was a sinner that needed Christ’s forgiveness of sins. The Holy Spirit began to knock on my heart’s door one night in church. I was sitting with a few older friends in church on a Wednesday evening. After the sermon, it was invitation and prayer time. Everyone in the church was silently praying except me. I began to think, am I saved? My parents are Christians, but have I made the decision to receive Christ’s free gift of salvation and have a personal relationship with Him? I knew in my heart that the answer to all these questions was “No”. I tried and tried, thought and thought, but I could not remember a time in my life when I repented of my sins and turned to Jesus. I then began to quietly sob. I knew I would never be let into heaven with all my sins. One of my older friends next to me quietly whispered,” What is the matter, Miriam?” I replied, “I don’t think I am saved.” “When you get home, why don’t you ask your parents about becoming a Christian?” she asked. “I will do that, thanks!" I replied. After that, I was reassured that maybe I could get it settled and become a child of the King. That night after church, I asked by parents and older sister about salvation. After our talk, I keeled in the hallway and told Jesus that I knew that I could not get into heaven without salvation. I asked Him to forgive me of my sins and to come and live inside me.  You see, you cannot have always been a Christian. There has to be a point in everyone's life when they turn from their wicked, sinful ways, and turn to the Lord.

House pictures 001.jpg


“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”(Romans 3:23) From then on, I have never felt the same! It was not until a few years ago that I truly wanted to be more like Him though. I knew I was far from perfect, made mistakes, and knew I needed more of Him. I was still a sinner, but saved by Jesus' grace, and I knew He would help me! Now, I want to be involved in ministries that will help others learn about Jesus and what He did for them on the cross, also encourage others in their walk with Christ. I can see Him slowly molding me into a vessel that He can always use.  I pray that I will grow to be more and more like Him everyday, and He shows me things that I need to change! God is so good, and so faithful to me!!!
                   Deary 021.jpg


I hope you enjoyed reading a bit about me, and what the Lord has done for me!
In Christ,
Miriam





3 comments:

  1. God is so good Miriam! God bless you!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely testimony, Miriam!! It is so moving to know how God is working in you! I can't wait to meet you at Lauren's wedding!

    (Leah, I think this "Testimony Thursday" was a GREAT idea!)
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete