Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Recap

So, one of my brothers suggested that I do a blog post and call it "all of the things I meant to post in 2014 and didn't get done!" Well, I am not going to do that (mostly because it would take a very long time :) but I have been thinking a lot about this past year.        And I am trying to do better with posting! (smile)

What impresses me the most as I look back over the year is this: the grace of God. It is hard to even imagine what our lives would be without His grace. I have seen grace at work this year in many things, a few of which are....

  • a sinner brought to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ
  • grace that exposes the sin in my life, but the love that does not just leave me broken but forgives, cleanses and heals
  • working through my life and the life of others, despite our shortcomings and inadequacies. Using me despite my failures
  • the opportunity and ability to share His Gospel with others
  • loving friends and family, the fun times shared and the memories made 
  • the miracle of new life
  • the guiding and teaching of the Holy Spirit
  • His love that is always unchanging, and His joy that gives strength and hope
  • areas where, by God's grace, we as a family have grown in and are better for
  • the hardships that make us stronger and cause us to run closer to our Father
  • the grace to forgive others and be granted forgiveness by others
  • amazing answers to simple prayers, above and beyond what I could ask or think

"Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
Who forgiveth all thy iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee 
with loving kindness and tender mercies.....
The Lord is merciful and gracious, 
slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy."
Psalm 103

No comments:

Post a Comment