Thursday, December 6, 2012

"Friends for Life"

 
    Let me say first of all that this is a very abbreviated version of mine and Zach's courtship story, as you will probably see!!
  
   Back in February my Daddy approached me about a certain young man, who had come to him and asked for permission to court me with the intention of marriage. Needless to say I was very excited as well as very nervous and overwhelmed. All my life I had dreamed of the "someday" when... Now it was actually happening,to me!? 
   Anyway, after a lengthy conversation with Daddy, I told him that I was also desirous of pursuing a relationship with Zach Price and the rest, as they say, is history!! 
    Zach and I had never really even talked to each other, although we went to the same church and our families were good friends, so it was a bit awkward for me to talk to him at first. I was so nervous and flustered every time that Zach was around and I didn't have a clue what to talk about. That wore off very quickly for both of us and over the months we became good friends.
  We started our courtship by spending time together with our families and exchanging old-fashioned handwritten letters. At first nothing was based on emotions or feelings and we just learned about each other and talked as friends.  We were together in so many different scenarios~ camp-outs, church, at his home and mine, hiking, playing volleyball, softball, and octopus, =) and so much more!  
   Neither Zach, nor I had ever had a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, so there has been so many precious things we have been able to do together for the first time!
   Zach slowly, but surely won my heart. I learned to respect and appreciate him for all the amazing character qualities that I had always wanted in a husband.


   Well, I must go into more detail about this part!! =)
    October 11th, (Also Zach's birthday)  Zach and his family, as well as several others from our church, came to help us move into our new home. Zach and I were able to talk for only 6 minutes before he had to go with the other men to get another load from our house. 
  On their way back, our van broke down and left them stranded for a while. Zach tried to call and talk to me on his cell-phone 4 different times, but lost service every single time! =(  Not funny!
   It was 3:00 that night (morning) when they got back, but I didn't get to see Zach because I had accidentally fallen asleep. What a day!! 

   The next morning was a "surprise" birthday party that I had planned for Zach. 
    We went to Green Hill Park and ate lunch,talked for a while and had Birthday cake. After that Zach and I went on a walk. We stopped on a cute little bridge and began talking. After a few minutes Zach took the lead of the conversation and I just chatted away totally clueless. I didn't even suspect anything when he took his hat and sunglasses off! (Okay, I'll admit that I am very unobservant!=))
  A few minutes later Zach dropped to one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him!!! Incredible moment! I replied that I would be honored to, and he slipped the world's most GORGEOUS Diamond ring on my finger!!! (That he picked out all by himself!!)
  After that we prayed together and yes, I did cry...
  We walked back to the picnic shelter where our families waited with many cheers, hugs, tears and congrats.
   It was the BEST day of my life!!!*Happy Sighs* =) 

   Realization that I am now engaged to my best friend and a man far beyond my dreams continues to thrill and overwhelm me every single day!!
   (I later learned from a reliable source that the "surprise" b-day party was actually more of a surprise to me than it was to anyone else.It had been planned months before for the purpose of distracting me and keeping me preoccupied ! Well, it worked!! =))


  The Lord has been SO good and continues to amaze me how He delights in overflowing my cup!!
   Zach and I have set our wedding date for June 8, 2013 and although it seems a Loooong time away, I know that it will come so quickly. Time flies and I want to enjoy these wonderful, special days to the fullest!
   Although everything involves making  choices, our story is founded on God's will for our lives and we give all the Glory to Him, for great things He has done!!!!

   
                                                        Written By Lauren (and Zach)
                                                               

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! So very well written!
    Just Beautiful!!! *tears*
    I'm sooooo blessed with such an awesome brother and a VVEERRYYYYYY special sister-to-be!!!!!
    Love you two soooooo much!!!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am **sniff** trying to collect myself... =D Lauren, The story of you and Zach's courtship is truly a beautiful and God-honoring one. You both shine for Christ in a generation of young people who NEED examples of beautiful, Christlike, and PURE relationships as yours is. That is so special how you both have been able to experience those "first-time" things with each other. Purity is definitely worth it!!!!
    I so excited for you guys-- your future together along the path of God's perfect will is gonna be an amazing thing, no doubt!!!! I am praying for you both and your families that God will continue to bless you richly and lead you by His Spirit each moment. May He always fill your hearts with a sense of His peace which "surpasses all understanding"...
    Sending every possible ounce of my love... *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story, Zach and Lauren! May the Lord bless and guide you both!!!

    Love,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, I don't think I could of said it any better! It made my eyes water. You are truly my best friend.

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erm, is this Lauren or Leah's blog? O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Leah's blog but she had Lauren share the courtship story!!!!! :)

      Delete